Saturday, August 19, 2023

Colors to Wear Each Day of the Week - Astrology and Planets. πŸ’«✨



I’m getting ready for a trip to visit a friend, so it’s time to start packing. I’ll be away for 5 days, so I would like a have outfits already picked out so I don’t need to fuss while I am there. Since I never travel needing to check luggage, I have to keep it easy and efficient. I plan my outfits using the theory of aligning colors with days of the week and the planets they represent. 


I feel better and more balanced, plus it’s a great way to stop wearing the same dull outfits over and over, every day.


Here's the rundown!


Monday

Monday is named after, and represents, the moon. This means wearing colors that are light and soft, such as white, silver, light grey, soft lavender, light blue, pale green. Think pastels of any color, and I stick with the cooler colors, as the moon is mysterious and always changing (somewhat like the Cancerians, who’s planet is the moon). Wearing all cool, light colors gives off a really mellow, chill vibe - something the moon is known for - and some Cancerians, when they are in their zen place (where I like to be, although I do have that Gemini moon sign that likes to do and think!).


Tuesday

Tuesday corresponds to Mars (and Aries), the planet of action. This means red, my friends!! Red has lots of range, so crimson, blood red, scarlet, burgundy, coral, maroon, candy apple red, garnet, rust, fire engine red, copper. For an interesting combination, try wine and a deep red and see how complimentary it looks. 


Wednesday

Wednesday is reserved for the earth colors, as it relates to Mercury (Virgo’s planet, and Virgo is one of the three earth signs). Wearing blue, green turquoise and brown together looks amazing! It is subtle, earthy and chic, much like the Virgos I know.


Thursday

Thursday matches the planet Jupiter (the sign of Sagittarius). Sag is spontaneous and likes adventure, and yellow being a color that stimulates us, (although too much of it can be too intense, like some Sag’s can be when they are fired up), creates an energetic, “I want an adventure” mood. Wear it in all its forms, including mustard, lemon, amber, cream, gold, apricot and saffron.


Friday

Friday’s partner is Venus, the planet of love, which is nurturing and healing. What better colors than pink (the color of nurturing) and green (the color of healing?) Pink has its many shades, including fuchsia, rose, bubblegum and champagne. Green can be sea green, turquoise, forest, sage or army to name a few. One of my favorite combinations is pink and green together. Keeping it balanced, calm and grounded like our Libra and Taurean friends, who call Venus their planet, is the name of the game.


Saturday

Saturday corresponds to Saturn. The day of work, organization and deep contemplation (sound like any Capricorns you know?) Capricorn’s planet is Saturn, so it can be serious (and a serious task master if they are not careful). The color for this day is no surprise - black, dark blue, dark cherry, dark green, dark brown. All serious and dense, but dependable, honest and earthy (much like my Capricorn love at home). 


Sunday

Sunday represents the Sun. Our bright orange ball in the sky gives us light and joy (like a lot of Leos I know and love, when they are not scorching about something they feel passionate about). Sunday is our day to wear orange in all its forms, be it peach, coral, rust, salmon, tangerine, apricot, amber, saffron, pumpkin and dark orange. Orange can be flamboyant, so put it all out there and enjoy this day full of fire and fun, as our Leo friends enjoy life!


This exercise is fun for me since it gives me the opportunity to try new colors and see what really suits me. Let me know how it works for you, if you choose to give it a try.

 

Follow me on Instagram for daily posts and subscribe to my YouTube channel (my links are on the sidebar)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Denying the Truth Doesn't Make it Go Away.

  The difference between dwelling and ruminating on the past (and feeling like a victim), and being willing to get clarification (and expose...